Choosing an energy-efficient roof doesn’t just help you save on bills, but it also helps maintain a comfortable temperature in your establishment. In today’s post, your local roofing contractor, Howard Roofing & Home Improvements, share some eco-friendly commercial and residential roofing options.
1. Asphalt Shingle Roofing – Asphalt shingles are recyclable which make them an environmentally friendly option. It is the most popular roofing in America and comes in a wide range of styles and colors. At times, it can be installed over existing asphalt shingles, saving you from paying removal costs. When properly maintained, it can last for more than 30 years.
2. Fiberglass Roofing – Fiberglass is a durable non-porous material that doesn’t dry out or change in shape. Like asphalt, it’s recyclable, but fiberglass is tougher and provides better quality. It’s low-maintenance because it doesn’t rust and corrode.
3. Architectural Roofing – Architectural roofing, also called laminated or dimensional shingles, is one of the highest quality roofing options. These shingles are usually made of a heavy fiberglass mat base and ceramic-coated mineral granules finely embedded in water-resistant asphalt. This roofing type has better resistance to harsh weather events.
1. Built Up Flat Roof – Built-up roofing is made from multiple layers of bitumen, making it water-resistant. It provides significant heat conduction resistance between a building’s interior and exterior so you save more on energy costs. Aside from those attributes, it’s also fire-resistant and has greater longevity.
2. EPDM and TPO Roofing – They’ve recently become a popular roofing option with their energy-efficiency and increased weathering durability.
3. Modified Bitumen – Modified bitumen is a low-maintenance and water-resistant roofing option. It’s a very strong material that can last for decades without issues as long as it’s well maintained.
Have your eco-friendly roof installed by trusted roofers like Howard Roofing & Home Improvements. Our team has been providing quality roofing services for more than four decades. Call us at (636) 333-1690 or complete our online form for a free estimate. We work with homeowners in St Charles, MO.