If your home requires siding that’s a step up from traditional clapboard siding, you can’t go wrong with vinyl. In today’s post, local siding and roofing company Howard Roofing & Home Improvements shares the benefits of vinyl siding.
1. Virtually Maintenance-Free — For most homeowners, the biggest draw of vinyl siding is its low maintenance requirements. Thanks to its molded-in colors, it doesn’t require scraping and repainting. Newer vinyl siding is formulated for brighter colors, which provides a better selection that doesn’t look “plasticky” and won’t fade over time. All it takes to keep vinyl siding clean is water from a garden hose. Household products like dish detergent and white vinegar can be mixed with water to remove stubborn dirt and stains.
2. Low Lifetime Cost — Many homeowners pick vinyl siding because it has relatively lower upfront costs compared to most siding options. Its low-maintenance requirements, a life span that is on par with quality asphalt shingle roofs, and potential energy savings from energy efficient options all contribute to a low lifetime cost.
3. Energy Efficiency — Certain vinyl siding options can improve upon your home’s exterior insulation, which helps reduce heat transmission from the outdoors. This results in lower indoor heating and cooling requirements, especially during seasonal extremes, which can result in significant savings on your utility bills. The reduced required output from your HVAC system also helps reduce everyday strain on it, which can help prolong its service life.
4. Versatility — As a manufactured material, vinyl siding can be extruded or molded into virtually any shape, profile and texture. It provides the versatility that you need to build the exterior that you’ve always wanted. In addition to traditional clapboard style, vinyl siding can also be made to mimic board and batten, wood shakes and uncommon styles like scalloped siding.
5. Eco-Friendly — Vinyl is a type of thermoplastic, which means it can be recycled repeatedly without deteriorating. If disposed of properly, discarded vinyl siding will make minimal impact on local landfills. Its long life span also makes it one of the most sustainable building materials available.
Howard Roofing & Home Improvements is your leading provider of siding installation and roof repair services. Give us a call at (636) 296-1057. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Belleville, IL, and surrounding communities.